Tuesday, January 08, 2008

...No Longer to Linger...

In 2008, I am (semi) resolved to:
  • Continue the no fast food (year #2)/no soda (year #3) plan.
  • Remove (again) as much processed sugar as possible from my diet.
  • Start (for real, not just think about) exercising regularly (walking).
  • Take more photos and get serious about learning good technique, instead of just winging it.
  • Write more (and better quality) stuff--here and elsewhere.
  • Lose (ugh!!) 30 pounds...and keep it off for at least 6 weeks so I can win $100. :-)
  • Make a list of books I want to read.
  • And then read them.
  • REALLY learn some basic Spanish.
  • Visit Katie in Montana this summer.
  • Suck it up at my workplace and do the best job I can for the next 2 years so I can get out of there and do something I enjoy for the rest of my days.
  • Practice intentional community.
  • Focus on the "nows"...revel in the moments, soak up the experiences.
  • Allow God more access...and become more teachable...and more cognizant of his teachable moments.

That should keep me busy for awhile!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NFB in NYC said...

I make my book list every year...

Let's hold each other accountable on this one!

Dena G said...

Have you made your list yet? I'm working on mine.

NFB in NYC said...

Still working on mine as well..

Anonymous said...

I am sooo behind in noticing this. Have you really not had fast food in 2 years or soda in 3 years? I seriously find that incredibly amazing.

Dena G said...

For the most part, yes. I can count on one hand my fast food dining experiences in the past 2 years (purely out of necessity, not choice)...and I haven't had many more sodas than that. I'll have a Diet Coke VERY occasionally, but it's honestly lost its allure...I usually don't even finish it.