Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, I survived...

My feet are in that half-still-numb-from-anesthesia, half-painful state, I can barely keep my eyes open (and won't for very long!) and I'm still freezing, but I'm safely home and lying on my couch--and grateful to be here!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of time in the next couple of days to share all the thoughts that have been running through my head the last couple of days, but for now, I just wanted to say "thanks" to all of you who have prayed for me and encouraged me as I was preparing for surgery. I appreciate it...more than I can express in the few words I can manage to type right now. :-)

Stay tuned for more...

7 comments:

Erin said...

I [heart] you!

NFB in NYC said...

So happy you made it through! I'm stopping by Hobby Lobby on the way home and purchasing you a couple yards of suede for those suckers!

Herschel said...

glad your doing well...rest!

Geoff said...

Maybe if you sweettalk Herschel he will share his Ramen noodles with you so you won't have to get off the couch to eat.

Unknown said...

Hey ... macaroni!!!
(to the tune of "Hey, Macarena!)

I look forward to photographs of your "Happy Feet"!

[insert penguin emoticon]

Erin said...

"Macarena" kind of rhymes with "ocarina"...which also rhymes with "Dena" and "ballerina"... :)

Dena G said...

That it does!!

I think the "ballerina" part may need to wait a few days longer, though.

I AM out of all the bandages...just have some little splint things on my toes now. They HURT.