Friday, February 23, 2007

Stranger in a not-so-strange land...

So, I'm back from my little hiatus. And wishing I was, as I said in my last post, warm. It was bad enough to leave Miami with temps in the 80s and fly into St. Louis where it was 21, but...I'm just cold. Heart-cold. Soul-cold.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle...somewhere, I must have fallen asleep and missed something crucial. The world has changed and I've awakened from a crazy dream in which life has been going on "normally", only to find that everything familiar is not...and everyone familiar is not. The thing is, I just don't know when I fell asleep. Last week? Last month? Last year?

It's weird, because in some ways, it was much easier for me to be a stranger in a strange place--it was okay for me to feel out of place in Miami Beach, because I WAS out of place, but it was a comfortable kind of being out-of-place...getting accustomed to new surroundings, gradually getting to know the sights and sounds and becoming familiar with people and places. It's NOT okay for me to be a stranger at home. But here I am.

I think I'd like to go back to the dream now, please. And I'll take some sunshine along with it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can relate.

Check out my blog. I think you might like the song. (Oh, and if the video doesn't work, go to my myspace profile--I found it and made it my profile song.)

I just want to be heard said...

Being warm does sound nice. This is Sarah by the way. I got a blogger account so I comment on Katie's blog. :) Turns out I've posted 2 myself.