Saturday, April 26, 2008

From SimpleChurch Journal --I like this.

Church Membership:

Terms You Will Not See In the Bible:
• “This is my church.”
• “I go to church.”
• “I am a member of ‘such-and-such’ church.”
• “I belong to the ‘such-and-such’ church.”
• “I attend church.”
• “I was accepted into membership at church.”
• “My pastor.”
• “Come to my church.”
• “I changed churches.”

Terms You Do See In the Bible:
• “We are all one body…” (Eph. 4:4)
• “There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism…” (Eph. 4:5)
• “Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit…” (Eph. 4:3)
• “You are members of God's family.” (Eph. 2:19)
• “For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace…” (Col. 3:15)
• “…for we are all members of one body.” (Eph. 4:25)
• “the church in Jerusalem,” “the church in Antioch” (Acts 11:22; 13:1)
• “let us aim for harmony in the church…” (Rom. 14:19)
• “Christ and the church are one.” (Eph. 5:32)

1 comment:

Nate said...

Fantastic observations. I may guide some people to look at this.