Friday, August 29, 2008

Not-so-happy anniversary...

Today is the third anniversary of the day Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on the Gulf Coast.

And what are we doing? We're watching Hurricane Gustav bearing down on a shoreline just starting to wear some semblance of "normal".

My dear friend John is taking a group of 30 people back to the Gulfport area in October...to continue the rebuilding process. After three years...

And now, of course, I'm wondering if we're just going to be starting it all over again.

If you're a praying person, this might be a good time to practice.

2 comments:

NFB in NYC said...

And I just saw on the news that it is now a Category 4...

Praying.

Dena G said...

...and will probably be a Category 5 by the time it hits the coast.

I'm so selfish...I find myself hoping that it doesn't hit the Gulfport area, because I know so many people there and I think of all the work all of our teams have done.

But if it hits a different section of the Gulf Coast with the strength Katrina had (sounds now like it's a definite possibility), other people will be devastated instead...and I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE.

Wishing I already had my Red Cross Disaster Certification classes done...