Sunday, August 17, 2008

On a reading binge...

I've finished The Shack.

I'm still thinking about it. Trying to process it all. If I've talked to you lately, you probably know that this book, combined with some other things that have been going on in my world, has brought to the point of near-meltdown. I don't think the book itself would've had that much effect on me, since much of it lines up with the direction in which my thoughts have been heading for the past couple of years, but combined with the other "stuff"...well, let's just say I've spent the last week either in tears, near tears, or in complete emotional shutdown to avoid the possibility of tears.

I need to chew on it all some more. And maybe I can come back with something readable. Well, something I'm comfortable with posting here, anyway.

And now, I'm reading Rob Bell's Sex God again. In a weird way, the two completely fit together--it makes perfect sense for me to be reading them back-to-back. I think I'll be able to glean more from the re-read now.

It's kind of strange...I have so much that I'd like to write about, but I sit here and look at the screen and NOTHING comes out. Someday, though...

2 comments:

nfb said...

Mom snuck(?)sneaked the book into my bag before they left the other day..So I will probably start on it sometime.

thailandchani said...

I also read "The Shack" and loved it! It really spoke powerfully on the issues of egoism, individualism and the typical materialist values.

Possibly one of the best books I've read this year!


~*