Friday, September 12, 2008

A brief hiatus...

I just got home from a whirlwind trip to Montana on the train--I took my mom and my aunt to Glacier. Two days out on the train (3o+ hours), 3 days there (one in Canada), and 2 days home. I'm tired. Exhausted really. But feeling inspired.

I wrote a blog post on the back of an envelope while I was on the train. As soon as I can get it sorted out and typed, I'll post it.

I just finished reading "Jesus for President". It's lit a fire under me again. Not sure why I always have to be the weirdo who gets inspired by the "out there" stuff (which is not really all that "out there" when held up to the light/life of Jesus, but...).

I have some cool "social justice" project ideas for my church. Can't wait to share them with our pastor...he came straight from a homeless ministry to be our pastor, so he and I are pretty close to being on the same page on a lot of issues. I like that.

I just realized that every paragraph starts with "I"...and I wanted to add one more. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dena,
That's where it needs to start. With "I". With you.
Love you,
Judy