Thursday, November 29, 2007

What's better than pumpkin pie?

PURPLE PIE!!

Check out the missing chunk of purple pie in my debt reduction chart. Pretty exciting stuff for me...if all goes as planned, this time next year, I will have made the last payment on my house and will be entirely debt free--what an amazing thought!!

This is certainly a lesson in patience and wisdom and planning and frugality for me...but I could have made it crazy-tough on myself and chose not to do that. I want to be out of debt, but I stopped and thought about the times I've gone on "crash" diets and then ended up bingeing at some point because I couldn't take it any longer. I don't want to set myself up for failure by not giving myself a little "play" budget.

I'm pretty excited, though--I went to Hobby Lobby tonight for cardstock and ended up in the yarn department, where I discovered a vast amount of beautiful yarn (some of it regularly priced at about $7.00/skein) on sale for 99 cents!! My knitting's still not too hot (it's terrible, really), but I can crochet...and I can crank out scarves pretty quickly. Hmm...sounds like Christmas scarves for all my loved ones this year. :-)

3 comments:

Nate said...

Great news.

On the other hand, I have a book to recommend. "So you don't want to go to church anymore" I am not a book recommender. Someone following the will of God sent it to me. Why, don't know. Who, Don't know. They just did it. I am glad they did. It talks about how to deal with out growing the teachings of the church. Good book so far.

Dena G said...

Sounds interesting, Nate. I'll have to check it out. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

99 cents?? Guess who's going to Hobby Lobby this weekend!! (I'm hoping this amazing sale crosses a couple state lines :))

Also, I too am cranking out scarves as Christmas gifts this year, but instead of knitting/crocheting, I'm sewing fleece. Remnants are an additional 50% off at Jo Ann's this week, and I got enough material to make about 10 scarves for $11 yesterday!