Saturday, March 29, 2008

Grown-up furniture...





I'm so excited!! I have a new couch and chair!

For the first time in my life, my furniture feels...mature, I guess. Maybe it's just because my tastes have changed a lot since the last time I bought furniture, which was about 15 years ago, I think...maybe longer. I've hated my old couch for a long time, but it was still in pretty decent shape until recently when the springs started NOT springing--sitting on it has been like sinking into a pit from which you can't extract yourself without a crane. Well...almost. ;-)

I LOVE my new couch. The color doesn't really look "olive" in the picture, but that's what it is. And the chair--oh, my gosh, it's BEAUTIFUL. And totally me. And it's nice to have something that wasn't a hand-me-down from someone else or what I settled for because it was the one with the "clearance" tag on it.

And someone just picked up my old couch from the curb...she was glad to have it, un-springy springs and all, so I'm glad I could do a little paying forward.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

lovin the chair - the couch is nice too - but the chair looks artsy

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Comfy, "fitting" furniture is the best :)

BTW, I noticed your pie is continuing to shrink--congrats on that, too!

Julie said...

the chair does look like dena...can't wait to sit in it!

Amy said...

Lovin the furniture. =)

Nate said...

The couch looks like a napper. I don't think I would do much with that one around.