Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Figuring it out...

So, tonight I learned how to edit titles in the sidebar AND how to add some links. I vaguely remember some of this from computer programming classes back...let's just say a LONG time ago--when BASIC, FORTRAN and COBOL were the things to know. (Suddenly, I feel really old.)

I've been reminded how much I hate reading instructions. I am not a learning-by-reading person, which is strange because I love to read. But I read the instructions tonight and followed each step and it worked! Amazing how the directions, if correctly followed, lead to the desired end result.

And amazing how we (meaning me, of course) so often think we can plow through God's instruction manual, picking and choosing which parts we'll follow and which parts we think we can leave out...and then be amazed when the text of our lives is full of junk.

4 comments:

Jules said...

hey, hey, hey!!!

Erin said...

I love it!!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! Somehow, I have a feeling you're going to be just as addicted as the rest of us.... :)

Dena G said...

Addicted? To something involving writing? No way!! ;-)

Jules said...

I can't believe you're just not getting into this...I celebrated my 100th post not too long ago...just kidding! Love you!