Friday, August 24, 2007

So...I've learned something new!

I've added RSS feeds from four of my more "talkative" blogger friends. I don't always have something new to say, but these guys usually do.

"NakedPastor" always has something to say...even if you don't agree with him (I mostly DO), the ensuing conversation is usually quite stimulating. If you're looking for transparency (hence, the "naked" title), David seems quite willing to oblige. He's certainly challenging me, transparent though I believe myself to be, to step it up a notch.

"Love in the Key of Longbrake" is...well, just incredible. Joshua is seriously an AMAZING artist...as skilled in painting a beautiful canvas of words as he is with the photos he shoots. He's on a cross-country journey right now--from Indiana to a seminary in Seattle. He's one of those people I would love to meet someday, but would probably be so awestruck and tongue-tied I would make a fool of myself (THAT doesn't happen often! Well, the tongue-tied part, anyway...)

"Something Else..." is Jon's blog--another step in his journey of living authentically. He's been talking about "intentional community" lately and, of course, that's one of my favorite subjects. He is thought-provoking, blunt, and a deep thinker.

"Defined" is from Nate...also quite thought-provoking (must be a family trait or something!) I appreciate his perspective--I love the "iron sharpening iron" process when believers don't see quite eye-to-eye on something.

Thanks to Hersch for being the bridge that led me to Longbrake and Jon...and indirectly then to Nate--I'm glad my world includes their voices.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Dena,
Thanks for the thought provoking thing. I always just thought I was a loud mouth.

Anonymous said...

Are Nate and Jon brothers?