Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Into the day"...it's time

This song has been THE song of my life for over a year now...ringing true in so many circumstances. Now more than ever. The signs ARE right for the turning tide. I'm ready to step out into that light and leave the shadows and the rain behind. I'm ready for the warmth of sunshine on my face...and in my heart.

If grief doesn't give way to joy, if we linger in that place where the freeze is at the door, if the season doesn't change...then what purpose is there for tomorrow? It's over--I'm choosing the sunshine. And I'm not going alone...I'm going to drag as many with me as I can. :-)

Into The Day--Bebo Norman

You could turn a hundred years and never empty all your fears
They’re pouring out like broken words and broken bones
They could fill a thousand pages, be the cry for all the ages
And the song for every soul who stands alone

The ache of life is more than you are able
Hold on love, don’t give up Don’t close your eyes

The light is breaking through the night

Step out into the day, all the clouds and all the rain are gone
It’s over now
Step out into the sun, for you have only begun to know
What it’s all about
As the hungering dark gives way to the dawn, my love
It’s over now

Time will let the story told grow and grow ‘til it unfolds
In a way that even you cannot ignore
You can say the seasons change but never if you just remain
In a place where the freeze is at your door
What you don’t know is the signs are right for the turning tide

Step out into the day, all the clouds and all the rain are gone
It’s over now
Step out into the sun, for you have only begun to know

What it’s all about
As the hungering dark gives way to the dawn, my love
It’s over now

Hold on, hold on

It won’t be long

So hold on



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's encouraging to me to see how God is encouraging you in the midst of this painful time. Press on, sister. Love you!

Nate said...

Here's another HUG. You may not need it, but I like giving them.

I like the song. It makes me feel the warmth of the sun. Even in winter.

Dena G said...

No one can ever have too many hugs. Or too much encouragement from a sista. :-)

Amy said...

You can drag me with you! =)

faintnot said...

God is good...

out in the sun is a good place to be, glad you have joined me...
Linda

Patti Blount said...

I "upped" on your blog because I subscribed to the comments on Jon's blog, then tracked you on yours. It seems like the same people are here too.
The song is nice. Hope is nice. I have been one who has "hoped against hope." Whenever I need to hear from God, I listen to the spirit. I look for Him in any and all things. A Scripture will come to mind, and I will painstakingly search and search the Strong's concordance until I find that Scripture, as I believe the Lord is leading me there to speak it to my heart for direction, comfort,or hope. I will go to any length to hear from Him when I am desperate. I often am.
Last night was one of those times. I told Him what my heart wanted. I wanted something that sounded impossible: I wanted to be "translated" to heaven (leave my life here) and to have everyone's memory of me erased, so they wouldn't be sad that I had left. I really wanted this. I guess you could say that it sounded like a safe suicide. I cried myself to sleep. Living this life is so hard and painful for me.
I go through torments against myself. Last night as I was at my son's house, I felt so much rejection, I just wanted to burst out loud, "Nobody likes me," and sob and sob and sob. I didn't do that, but the night ended with me walking out after my son said something that was a cumulative hurt to me.
This morning the only "solution" I know is to totally give up my own will, and submit to the Lord's, because that is what is causing all the problems. I told Him,"O.K, Lord, I'll be your slave girl," but I don't think it is in the right spirit-not a true yielding, but kind of spoken in anger. So, I throw myself at you all for interrogation and examination.
Nate, even if this "church" is a delusion, it's all I have to really tell what is going on inside me. The people in my real life don't want to hear it. I think they are sick of my problems, and I have offended many of them with my sour demeanor, fears, controlling ways, my sadness, and all the other things I struggle with. So, giving in to God, or giving up totally are my only options. As far as "it's almost over" as the song says, I dare not hope anymore because I've been living in the reality of "hope deferred makes the heart sad," for toooooooooo looooooooong."