Monday, December 03, 2007

The comfort I seek...

...is found right here.

Psalm 62
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

4 They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
Selah

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

9 Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.

10 Do not trust in extortion
or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Dena.

NFB in NYC said...

I have missed someone on Yahoo lately...

Anonymous said...

True dat.

Dena G said...

I just haven't had much to say lately. And what I've had to say probably, for the most part, shouldn't be said/typed. I've been a bit NASTY. But I'm getting better. :-)

Nate said...

Hey Dena,
Just giving another hug to you. It seems as though you still need one.

Dena G said...

Thanks. :-) My heart is broken for people I love. I'm having a difficult time getting past the unbelievably horrible behavior I've witnessed from people in my church who are old enough to know better.

They are on a headlong dash straight into a brick wall that will, more than likely, destroy lifelong friendships (we're talking 20, 30, 40 years of knowing someone and their moral integrity and character and choosing to ignore that in favor of the obvious [to me] deception of a man they've known for a year.)

Sad, sad, sad. I'm tired of walking up to someone and having them burst into tears. Not that I'm opposed to having someone cry on my shoulder--it's because they're where I was ten years ago and they know they're safe with me. I just hate seeing all the grief.

faintnot said...

My heart goes out to you and the others involved, or should I say, affected by all this...
But God is faithful, and willing, and more than able to keep you safe and strong...
Remember your post about 'Freedom Reigns in this Place'? that was such a blessing to me....may His Freedom reign in you.
Praying,
Linda

Dena G said...

Thank you, Linda.

I've felt really safe throughout this whole ordeal--I know God knew, much better than I did, just what my heart could take and he kept me from being exposed to much of the ugliness.

I didn't feel all that strong until the past few days, but after Saturday, I feel like I've stepped into a whole new strength...even though I'm still grieving, my heart is encouraged and peaceful.

I cried Saturday after I shared with the presbyterial committee--real crying, for myself and not just in empathy for someone else, for the first time since this all came to light. It was very cathartic.

Even though I'm still in pain for my church, I feel like I've finally stepped out into the light myself. Reminds me of a song. I think I need to post it. Next blog entry... :-)