Monday, June 09, 2008

Tomatoes and peppers and beans...oh, my!

We started planting the garden tonight. Three of us worked until the tornado sirens went off (actually, we kept working after that, but don't tell my mom!) I was in the middle of planting a row of beans and I was NOT going to drop what I was doing just because the sky was turning pinkish-greenish-purplish-blackish...I just kept thinking "if it starts raining, I'll never be able to find the place I stopped", so I kept going.

We got about 20 tomato plants in the ground (I still have to buy Romas tomorrow), plus about a dozen bell pepper plants and 6 "garden salsa" peppers. Not sure what that is, but I'm going to buy some habaneros or jalapenos tomorrow, just to make sure we have the hot stuff. Wiles already had okra and watermelon planted by the time I got there.

Left to plant: Corn. More beans. More tomatoes. Squash. Cilantro. Dill. Maybe some lettuce if it's shady enough under the tree.

I'm so tired, but it's a good tired.

2 comments:

nfb said...

Um..send me some of your fresh growings...please.

Dena G said...

It's going to be awhile before we have fresh anything... :-)