Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ahh...glorious (?) summertime

I have all my windows open this afternoon because the weather is SO beautiful...breezy, semi-cool--a perfect summer day. Time to enjoy all the sights and sounds of summer:

  • The neighbor kids setting off pack after pack of firecrackers.
  • The neighbor dogs howling loudly because they don't like firecrackers less than *I* like firecrackers.
  • The neighbor kids playing with a dirt bike...revving the engine over and over and over and...
  • The neighbor adults drinking heavily, which leads to...
  • The neighbor adults fighting, which leads to...
  • The neighbor adults screaming vulgar obscenitites at each other, which leads to...
  • The neighbor kids screaming at them to stop, and...
  • The neighbor dogs howling at all the screaming, which sometimes all leads to...
  • The neighbor ME calling the police and someone (sometimes it's Mom, sometimes Dad) getting hauled away for domestic violence.

Not today, though. I'm escaping to the country with my camera and my blackberry (as in real berries, not the phone!) pail. More productive than napping, anyway.

No comments: