Friday, October 27, 2006

The "J"s have it...

Totally random.

I was looking at my list of fellow "cracked pots" (NOT "crackpots"!) just now and realized I have a near-plethora of "J" people--Julie, Jon, Jim, Jacob. Kinda strange, eh?! Maybe I should start looking for some new friends in other parts of the alphabet... ;-)

So why, do you ask, are you "cracked pots"? (Thanks for asking.) I've lifted this analogy from Erin--I think she posted it as a comment here on my blog a couple of weeks ago, or maybe she posted it as a response to a comment I posted on HER blog...at any rate, she said we were all pots getting cracked so we could show more and more of His glory. I have this mental image of me as a rough, unglazed terra cotta jar with a candle glowing inside it...and God is that candle inside, chipping away, trying to break away enough of my hard, rough clay surface so that I will RADIATE with His love and people will want to draw near to bask in that warmth and light.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cracked Pots?
Something there, perhaps ... although I must admit I usually tend to think of myself as a "CROCK" pot ... still "stewing" dontcha know .. (and crock of WHAT exactly need not be explored in this forum.)
Thank God He isn't done with me yet! (And, by the way, would someone please scrape this scum off the top? I can't quite reach myself, andI think I'm about due...)
Jacob

Erin said...

I think you should change the title bar from "Fellow Journeyers" to "Fellow Crackpots." Or "Crackheads."

Geoff said...

Too bad my name is spelled with a G or I'd be another J. :)

It is amazing to me, though, how leaders who are transparent and willingly to say they don't have all the answers--the ones who break the stereotype of what Christian leaders are like--are the ones who people follow the best and who work as agents of change in the lives of others.

Dena G said...

Erin! You are reading my mind...that's just hilarious that you thought of this also. That very idea popped into my head a few days ago and I just hadn't had the time to change it yet...and I'm still fine-tuning the wording (I like "crackheads", but that might be a bit offensive...)