Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Excerpt from Real time with Bill Maher 08-31-2007

I consider myself to be mostly anti-political anymore, so it's kind of strange that I'm suggesting anyone watch Bill Maher talking about politics, but...this is actually good stuff.

John Mellencamp makes some really good comments about the naivete of Americans in general and Americans in the midwest in specific. (And the whole time he's talking, even though I agree with him, I couldn't help singing to myself "Ain't that America?...Little pink houses for you and for me...") ;-)

Maybe I'm more political than I think I am. Maybe this has more to do with "culture" issues than it does with politics.

At any rate, if you have 10 minutes to spare, you should watch it--at least the first 8 minutes. It kind of disintegrates after that.

No comments: