Sunday, September 09, 2007

One more quote from someone else...

...and then I'll get back to the business of letting my own voice be heard. This is from a comment posted on Emerging Grace's blog...she's asking the same "what IS church, anyway?" questions that I've been asking and I've found great encouragement in reading her words and those of others in the CLB (church left behind) place I've already been...and may be headed for again.

Martin Luther said that when a church is erected, the devil sets up shop next door. Brother Martin was wrong.The devil sets up shop in the Narthex of the church.

From my perspective, you have to ask yourself if attending church and being on the fringes the way other people here have described, out of any leadership role whatsoever, is the answer for you. If it isn't, you may be better living out what one of your commenters said: "To have church, you need 2 people. Don't look back. Jesus is so much more."

No comments: